Backpacking North Luzon: Banaue, Sagada & Baguio



There are some places in life where we can only go alone and embrace the beauty of our solo journey, so I dared myself to go out on a solo trip that surprised me because never in my wildest dream did I ever think that I can go through it alone.

My itchy feet brought me to the three of the Philippines' coldest places in North Luzon: Banaue, Sagada, and Baguio. If you’re looking for a quiet place, the cold and breezy weather then put your jacket on because these places are right for you.

We departed Manila by the evening and took the road going to Banaue in Ifugao for 10 hours. No joke, my ass was in pain on that very long drive. First stop is Banaue, Ifugao!

BANAUE, IFUGAO

Banaue is a 4th class municipality in the province of Ifugao, Philippines and has a population of 20,000+ people. Banaue is mainly visited for its stunning rice terraces named Banaue Rice Terraces which was considered as the "Eighth Wonder of the World".

Check out my Banaue travel: Wonders of Banaue

SAGADA, MOUNTAIN PROVINCE

Sagada is a 5th class municipality in the province of Mountain Province and has a population of 11,000+ people. Sagada is famous for its hanging coffins; their traditional way of burying people. Sagada’s popular activities include trekking rice terraces, cave spelunking, chasing waterfalls, visiting historical sites, nature hikes and sunrise viewing.

Check out my Sagada adventure: That Place Called Sagada

BAGUIO CITY, BENGUET

Baguio City is geographically located within Benguet and is a highly urbanized city in northern Luzon of the Philippines and has a population of more than 300,000+ people. It is known as the Summer Capital of the Philippines and is a center of business, commerce, and education in the Cordillera Administrative Region. Tourism is one of Baguio's main industries due to its cool climate and history.

Check out my travel in Baguio: What's up, Baguio?!

Here's the highlight of my Banaue, Sagada, and Baguio City tour:

Backpacking North Luzon: Banaue, Sagada & Baguio 3 Days and 2 Nights Itinerary:

Day 1
06:00 AM – Arrived in Banaue, Ifugao
06:30 AM – Banaue Arch
07:00 AM – Breakfast in Banaue Sunrise Restaurant
08:00 AM – Banaue Rice Terraces
09:00 AM – Bound to Sagada, Mountain Province
11:00 AM – Arrived in Sagada safely, register at tourism office, checked in at our transient house
12:00 PM – Lunch Break
01:00 PM – Fidelisan Rice Terraces
03:00 PM – Bomod-ok Falls
05:00 PM – Sagada Pottery, Sagada Weaving & Sagada Museum
06:00 PM – Dinner in Sagada Lemon Pie House
07:00 PM – Rest

Day 2
04:00 AM – Wakeup call
05:00 AM – Kiltepan Peak Sunrise Viewing
06:00 AM – Breakfast at Transient House
08:00 AM – Marlboro Country
10:00 AM – St. Mary's Episcopal Church
10:30 AM – Echo Valley
11:00 AM – Hanging Coffins
12:00 PM – Lunch
01:00 PM – Lumiang Burial Cave
02:00 PM – Spelunking at Sumaguing Cave
05:00 PM – Lake Danum
06:00 PM – Dinner
07:00 PM – Rest

Day 3
05:00 AM – Wakeup Call
06:00 AM – Breakfast
07:00 AM – Bound to Baguio, Benguet
08:00 AM – Highest Point in Atok, Benguet
11:00 AM – Strawberry Farm
12:00 PM – Lunch at Good Taste
01:00 PM – Colors of Stobosa/La Trinidad Mural House
01:30 PM – BenCab Museum
02:30 PM – Mines View
03:30 PM – Burnham Park
04:00 PM – Bound to Manila

It feels good to finally tick off Banaue, Sagada, and Baguio from my local travel bucket list! Thanks to UnliTravel by Unlimagine for an awesome and memorable tour.

P.S. Sorry if I cannot provide you a price quotation of my transportation, accommodations, and others because I booked my tour through a travel agency.

My Instagram

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes